October 21, 2011 Barney Inn
Good afternoon --- My name is Brian Kelly.
On Tuesday Morning, I was at Independence Hall in Philadelphia where I received the endorsement of the Independence Hall Tea Party. I am a TEA Party member and I love what the TEA Party does for regular Americans like you and I.
There is little doubt that these are tough times.
Nobody really knows how many dips there will be in this recession
But we do know that without controls on spending, our wild deficit and debt will keep us in recession for years to come.
America needs to become like we were before the progressives-- Barack Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and of course Pennsylvania’s own Bob Casey Jr. took power from the people.
In this light, I have outlined eight major principles that I will use as a guide in helping our country recover and prosper: These are.
1. Americans First, 2. Fiscal Conservative 3. Pro Life 4. Restructure Tax system, 5. Smaller Government, 6.Transparency, 7.Pro Israel, 8. Strong Defense
The details follow:
1. Americans First – American Jobs, border security, fence, states’ rights, shut down excessive legal and all illegal immigration, BTW, over 2.2 million legal aliens get jobs each year in the US? Let’s reduce it to .2 (point 2) Reward businesses that hire Americans. No tax breaks for companies that offshore jobs. Huge unemployment tax on companies found using illegal labor. 25% import tax on Chinese goods and goods produced overseas by any American corporation. Just watch the jobs come back. If Americans corporations want to take American jobs overseas, let’s invite overseas business to set up plants in America, and give Americans those jobs in America. Oh, and it is OK when if foreign companies manufacturing in America take the business from so-called American corporations. Let’s support corporations that love America and who give Americans Jobs. Let the others sell their stuff overseas.
2. Fiscal Conservative--- no bailouts, no takeovers, no porkulus, no government takeover of business. Need balanced budget amendment, reinstitute Glass Steagall, repeal CRA, repeal Dodd / Frank!
3. Pro-Life – Human life begins at conception
4. Restructure tax system – Reduce taxes John Kennedy style and the FAIR Tax. The 9, 9, 9 is a good start. Offshoring companies get no breaks. Companies that hire illegals – no tax breaks
5. Smaller Government – Ron Paul says government agencies are unconstitutional. He’s right Eliminate harmful, costly agencies such as the EPA, FDA, USDA, Interior, etc. Repeal Obamacare.
6. Transparency / accountability – openness, No closed doors. Fire all czars
7. Pro Israel – Israel is our only friend in the Middle East
8. Strong Defense—“Speak softly and carry a big stick,” Don’t go starting wars. Win all wars in which we engage. Use big drones and microdrones. We have 8000 drones & $5 Billion in budget – use ‘em. not American blood. Exit strategy -- get out quickly with a win. Send in the drone dragonflies. It will seem like one of the 10 plagues.
Today, JFK, my favorite Democrat, would be considered a conservative!
My views on taxation are very similar to JFK’s.
His were modeled after those of Andrew Mellon from the 1920’s recession.
Both Mellon and JFK knew how to end a recession and so do I.
You all know how Bob Casey and his best friend Barack Obama want to raise everybody’s taxes. Kennedy would not approve.
Here’s what Kennedy had to say. He offered similar thoughts many times:
"In short, it is a paradoxical truth that ... the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now… And the reason is that only full employment can balance the budget, and tax reduction can pave the way to that employment. The purpose of cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus."
--- JFK, Nov. 20, 1962, news conference BTW, that was right after the Cuban Missile Crisis. Kennedy was already on to domestic issues.
If the Dems had listened to Kennedy, our current recession would be over
By cutting taxes up and down the line and reducing spending, JFK was looking for a big revenue surplus – not a deficit.
By increasing spending and increasing taxes Obama has been creating huge deficits and increasing debt and preparing America for bankruptcy.
Obama is far more tricky than even Tricky Dicky Nixon. He's got a new name for this trick now that he is trying to get reelected again. He calls it a Jobs bill. I call it tax and spend.
What does the so called jobs bill have in it?
It’s the same porkulus / stimulus stuff with lipstick
-- increased spending, increased taxes, larger deficits and crippling debt.
Even the Beatles would call out Obama and Casey on this. Remember this tune?- “No, No, No, Not a Second Time…”
Obama and Casey used a trillion dollars of stimulus for crony capitalism for their big campaign donors. Americans have smartened up. No more taxpayer money for reelection campaigns.
Senator Bob Casey has been with Obama 98% of the time. That means he has been with Pennsylvanians only 2% of the time. By the way, that Beatles song applies to Casey also No, No, No, Not a Second Time --
I love the United States of America just as it was founded in 1776.
In those days, Independence Hall, where I was on Tuesday, meant independence for all---
Much revolutionary blood was spilled for our freedom and liberty, and yet,
freedom and liberty are at stake again today.
Nobody wanted then or now to be tethered to a corrupt, cowardly, and oppressive federal government in Washington D.C. So let us all tell the Federal Government:
Get off our backs!
It’s time to bring all the power we gave away to the feds back to the states – back to the people!
Yes, I love America and I have no problem with citizens of any other country loving their countries more than they love America.
But If you can’t come legally, we don’t want you here! Stay home!
As an American, I am interested in what is good for Americans first, not foreigners first
If I go to your country, I expect your citizens to be #1 priority. I won’t take any of your precious jobs, and I will bring a passport.
I want you to treat me and my country the same.
Americans have nobody to apologize to. Nothing to apologize for. And we are not going to apologize for being Americans.
We are proud to be Americans.
Not all TEA Party members are Republicans. Like me, not all Democrats are hard core progressives.
How would you like to be us?
We woke up one day and found that our party had been hijacked by a group of people who hate America. You know who they are.
Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama, and yes, Bob Casey Jr. Now, there’s a crew who show every day they don’t care at all for Americans.
What about my primary opponent, the Unknown Senator Bob Casey? I have watched him closely during the Obama presidency.
If you like Barack Obama and his progressive policies, you are gonna love Bob Casey.
Here we are in Wilkes-Barre at the Barney Inn, a wonderful place run by Joe Fisher and Joe Predo, where more blarney has surely been spilled than Youngling Lager.
Don’t you just love it in America! And! How about that Yuengling Lager brewed in Pottsville Pennsylvania! My dad worked for Stegmaier for 31 years, and we know the Lion carries on the tradition of good brew right here in Wilkes-Barre. But we all have to earn our brew.
There are a lot of problems that need to be solved
Like you, I am fed up with the bloated, unresponsive bureaucracy in Washington.
When, with your grace I take a seat in the Senate of the United States OF America, the Washington progressives will get the message.
The days of big government, big regulations, big giveaways, big healthcare takeovers, big healthcare redistribution and big wealth redistribution are over.
Yes, I sure am for helpless people but I am not for making people helpless!
By the way, progressives are the guys that don’t like any of us and they probably don’t even like Yuengling Lager or Stegmaier Gold Medal Beer.
Don’t you think that in America, Americans should come first?
As most Pennsylvanians I too believe in the American Dream.
Quite frankly, I think Pennsylvanians are sick of the progressive’s notion that the new American Dream is … a handout.
With America in the shape that it is, I feel sometimes like I want to scream at the top of my lungs. But because you are all my friends, I won’t.
It is OK to love liberty and freedom.
It is OK to love God.
It is OK to love America.”
To help restore a limited government and put the people back in charge, today, I offer my candidacy as United States Senator from your state and my state, the great state of Pennsylvania!
I promise to speak out of one side of my mouth and I pledge to represent the people of Pennsylvania honestly and truthfully. My word is my bond.
It is time to heal America and again make her strong.
Please join in as we recite the pledge of allegiance.
I, pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all.
I wish you all the best. God bless America.